Have your say for Better Care
Published: 12 February 2015 | Categories: Uncategorized
Working together for Better Care
Have you say about the Better Care Fund – pooled budget agreement for 2015/16
We are working with Nottinghamshire County Council and the other Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) (Bassetlaw CCG, Mansfield and Ashfield CCG, Newark and Sherwood CCG, Nottingham West CCG and Rushcliffe CCG) to ensure that health and social care services are: efficient; integrated, and work together wherever possible to improve the way we care for older people across the County.
For 2015/16 The Better Care Fund will enable the partners to pool £59M of their money together to support integrated health and social care services.
All the services within the local Better Care Fund plan aim to support older people to live as independently as possible for as long as possible. The partners have identified the following services for which the pooled money can be used:
1. Reduce the number of people admitted to hospital and care homes
2. Reduce delays in transferring people between services, for example between hospital and home based care services by ensuring services are available when people need them
3. Increase the number of people remaining at home with the support they need
4. Ensure more services are available 7 days a week
5. Provide additional support for those caring for family and friends
Information on all the schemes that are being developed and set up in Nottinghamshire County is available on the County Council website.
To have your say, please complete the online survey.