Our plans for developing health services across NNE
Published: 04 August 2014 | Categories: Reports
Today we publish two key documents, which set out our plans for the future.
Commissioning Plan 2014/15 – 2015/16
Our Commissioning Plan 2014/15 – 2015/16 provides specific detail about what we plan to deliver over the next two years. Our plans are determined by looking at trends, building on what we’ve already accomplished, acting on what we’ve learned and, perhaps most importantly, listening to our local patients.
For 2014/15 – 2015/16, NNE CCG’s key aims are to:
- reduce health inequalities in the local population by targeting those people with the greatest health needs
- drive up the quality of care in order to improve health outcomes and reduce unwarranted clinical variation
- direct available resources to where they will deliver the greatest benefit to the local population
- commission appropriate models of care for older and vulnerable people with complex needs, ensuring all patients are treated with dignity and respect
- ensure that patients are able to make choices about the care they receive and are seen in the right place at the right time by the right person.
We’ll be producing a summary guide but in the meantime, you can download the full plan.
Primary Care Development Strategy 2014-2019
The Primary Care Development Strategy provides a longer term vision for NNE. This vision is for general practices across the NNE CCG area to deliver equitable, high quality, efficient and accessible primary care services that are clinically effective and have the patient at the centre of care. The plan details our priorities over the next five years based on patient consultation and information about the demographics of the area and future trends.
You can read the full strategy here.