“Florence” the Simple Tele-health service
What is Flo?
Flo is a simple telehealth text messaging service that helps you take a more active role in your health care and gives you the freedom to get on with your life. Flo can give personalised health tips, provide valuable advice to help them stay on track and send medication reminders – so you will never need to miss another pill again. It is quick to set up, and takes less than a minute. It’s easy to use and it’s right there on your own mobile. It is also free!
What conditions are NNE CCG using to trial FLO?
- Medication Reminders
- Heart Faliure
How do I find out more about FLO?
- Access a recent article on Flo in National Health Executive
- Visit the Flo website
- Flo patient information
- Flo text message information
- Contact Michael at Michael.Ellis@nottinghamnortheastccg.nhs.uk
Who are the NNE CCG GP practices/teams currently engaged in setting up Flo projects?
- Peacock Surgery
- Ivy Medical Group
- Daybrook Medical Practice
- Westdale Lane Surgery
- Whyburn Medical Practice
- Oakenhall Medical Practice
- Heart faliure specialist nurses
- Community Matrons
The Heart Failure Nurses are already using Flo with some of their patients to monitor BP and weight
Feedback from Heart Failure Nurse
“FLO is working really working well. I have now had to increase one chaps weight readings to 3 times per week as his weight has gone up since last week, and he is clinically showing signs of deterioration, therefore I need to alter his meds accordingly. FLO means that I don’t have to go in 3 times per week. I still visit once per week, and as he gets worse I will have to go in more, but for now it is really helping me gauge his condition”
A GP in NNE Commented that “It is excellent. Patients feel engaged and find FLO easy to use. Positive!”
Flo Action Learning Event Newsletters
- BMJ – A cross-sectional survey and service evaluation of simple telehealth in primary care: what do patients think?
- BMJ – Using simple telehealth in primary care to reduce blood pressure: a service evaluation
- GP – Adopting remote monitoring via telehealth in your CCG’s practices – part 1: hypertension
- GP – Adopting remote monitoring via telehealth in your CCG’s practices – part 2: inhaler reminders
- GP – Adopting remote monitoring via telehealth in your CCG’s practices – part 3: smoking cessation
User tool kit