New respiratory group launched in Arnold
Published: 15 February 2017 | Categories: Community
Are you living with a severe respiratory condition?
A new group for those with severe COPD and other severe respiratory conditions now meet on the first Tuesday of the month between 1pm and 4pm at The Beacon, Birchfield Road, Arnold, NG5 8BY
The group provides a chance to share experiences with others while chatting over a cup of tea. There are also a variety of activities such as:
- quizzes, bingo and games.
- creative fun, including crafts and singing
- movement and relaxation – seated yoga, chair based exercise, mindfulness.
- guest speakers on a broad range of topics such as home safety, applying for benefits.
- talks on respiratory issues, for example breathlessness and self-management.
Healthcare professionals will also be attending to provide information, advice and support on managing symptoms.
Light refreshments will be available. The venue has full disabled access and free parking is available. If you need help with transport then please contact Rushcliffe CVS.
To find out more, please contact your Respiratory Nurse or Rebecca on 0115 969 9060 or email@example.com